Saturday, 14 April 2012

Student killed in a Car Accident, Toyota Corolla near Hauz Khas, New Delhi

An accident claimed the life of a 23-year-old student and left his friend injured, when the Toyota Corolla Altis car they were travelling in rammed into a road-divider and overturned near the Hauz Khas Metro station early this morning.

Ramneet Singh (23), a business management student, was killed in the accident. The police had rushed him and his friend, Neha to the AIIMS Trauma Centre, but the doctors declared Ramneet brought dead on arrival. The girl was soon discharged.

According to the police, Ramneet was driving the car and his friend was sitting next to him. They were returning to their residences after attending a wedding at Gurgaon.

A police officer said, "The accident occurred at 4.40 am. The car was being driven at a high speed and it rammed into a road-divider opposite the Laxman Public School. The accident site is near the Hauz Khas Metro station."

Sources claimed that immediately after the accident, Neha telephoned her mother who informed Ramneet's parents. They thereafter reported the matter to the police.

When the police reached the site of the accident, it saw Ramneet was lying unconscious on the seat. His head had burst open. The car was stained with blood marks and there were pieces of flesh near the door.

Ramneet and Neha were taken to the AIIMS Trauma Centre. He died when he was brought to the hospital. A case was registered under IPC section 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way) and section 304A (causing death by negligence).

His body was handed over to his family after the postmortem at the same hospital. It was cremated at the Green Park cremation ground.

He lived with his parents and elder brother at Hauz Khas Apartments. His father, Surender Pal Singh operated a hardware store at Yusuf Sarai. A maid employed in their house said, "Ramneet returned from Australia two years ago. He was studying there, but his mother called him back to India when he fell ill a number of times. She also became worried when there were news reports about the locals attacking Indians," the maid alleged.

According to her, Ramneet returned to Delhi two days ago after being on vacation in Singapore. He went there with a friend.

"After he came back, he told his mother that he would be staying with a friend named Sandeep, because the air-conditioning in the house was not functioning properly. Yesterday, he came back home at 4 pm and went for a wedding at 8 pm," she said.


Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More