Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Second round of Bosch talks fails, strike at Bosch Bangalore continues





The second round of conciliation talks between the Bosch management and agitating employees of its Adugodi plant convened by Additional Labour Commissioner on Monday have failed, workers' union MEA said.
     
"The conciliation meeting failed after Bosch management rejected our demand asking for reference of the stalemate to the arbitration of labour tribunal judge," MICO Employees' Association Executive Committee (MEA) President N M Adayanthaya said.

“For the first few days, we have decided that five workers will fast each day, and if the management shows no inclination to resolve the issue, we will start a mass hunger strike with all the 3,000 members participating,” Mr Raghavendra, executive committee member of the MICO Employees' Association (MEA), told Business Line.
The workers have been on a ‘tool down' strike for the last thirteen days. They said they have intensified the strike after the management did not cooperate with the State Labour Department and the association in resolving the matter.

The press statement also said that “the plant is not shut down and some minimum production is being managed by officers as a stop-gap arrangement including all essential services which are intact and unaffected.” It added that dispatches to customers across the country are, however, made through the available stocks.
The company had earlier announced on the Bombay Stock Exchange that it has “decided to shut down plant operations for workmen with effect from September 29, 2011.”

0 comments:

Post a comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More