Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Typhoon Roke heads Japan, 400K people urged to evacuate - VIDEO




In an another catastrophic Typhoon in Japan which has already been hit by an earthquake earlier this year, almost 400,000 people are asked to evacuate as the heavy winds of approximately 144 kilometres per hour was churning towards southwestern Japan at midday Tuesday and on course to hit the main island of Honshu on Wednesday, the weather agency said. 

The storm has already dumped 400 millimetres (16 inches) of rain over the past 24 hours on the southern province of Miyazaki.

Authorities in the central city of Nagoya advised 400,000 residents to evacuate because of worries that rivers might burst their banks, Jiji Press news agency said. The agency is also reporting that there might be fear of landslides and flash flooding.

The broadcaster said a further 23,000 people in western Japan have been advised to seek shelter away from possible flood and landslide areas.

Japan was hit by Typhoon Talas earlier this month, leaving around 100 people dead or missing, mostly in the west of the country.


You can watch the Latest Update on the Typhoon by accompanied Video below


0 comments:

Post a comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More